It was a choice between moving soil and rubble at the new house today or painting Kiwi troops for the Gallipoli Diorama. http://anzacdiorama.blogspot.co.nz/
No prizes for guessing which option came out tops
By mid afternoon I managed to finish off the 10 Auckland Mounted Rifles that I was allotted. These are in a resting pose
I must say these were really nice figures to paint but I find I’m struggling to get what I think is a decent finish to the faces.
Mate, your face looks a bit funny…..
Some Knackered looking and sleeping figures
Here are all 10
The effort is growing, I’ll be sad to see them leave
Later this afternoon with the pile of soil still waiting (I’ll edit this sometime to show the pile!) I finished off some bareheaded Kiwi’s digging. These were a struggle to put together as the shovels kept breaking so I’m actually quite relieved these are done
Just 9 Brits to finish this week before sending them off for posting
Once they are done I think I’ll try and paint some flags for Italian wars French pike and then I might treat myself to painting some Perry Napoleonic Hussars and Chasseurs for a refight of Waterloo that takes place in Wellington in June